Learning at Eynesbury Primary School
Our learning and wellbeing program has developed on three foundational pillars:
- Teacher collaboration via the Professional Learning Community (PLC) framework, representing our commitment to the pursuit of excellence in teaching and learning that forms the backbone of our curriculum and assessment program, whilst embedding in the school a culture of continuous improvement and a drive to ensure students are at the centre of our practice
- Response-to-Intervention (RTI) – demonstrating our commitment to each individual student and their specific learning needs
- School-Wide Positive Behaviours (SWPBS), our wellbeing and engagement framework predicated on an individualised and explicit approach to developing pro-social behaviours in our young people
Core instruction involves English and Literacy and Mathematics and Numeracy, with considerable emphasis on the development and maintenance of a ‘knowledge-rich curriculum’ via Language Arts and the Humanities and Science learning areas.
Students also take part in a broad range of specialist programs designed to cultivate their interests and broaden their experiences. Specialist learning areas include Physical Education, Visual and Performing Arts, STEM and L.O.T.E (Chinese – Mandarin).
Finally, Eynesbury Primary School acknowledges the importance of student wellbeing by ensuring that students are engaged weekly in learning focused on self-regulation and care, resilience strategies, respectful relationships and exhibiting positive behaviours.
The full list of learning areas explored at Eynesbury Primary School can be found below:
- Literacy and English
- Numeracy and Mathematics
- Visual Art and Performing Arts
- Physical Education
- Chinese – Mandarin (beginning in 2023)