Positive School Culture
Eynesbury Primary School is committed to providing a safe, secure and stimulating learning environment for all students. We understand that students reach their full potential only when they are happy, healthy and safe, and that a positive school culture helps to engage students and support them in their learning. As such, we have developed a range of strategies to promote engagement, positive behaviour and respectful relationships for all students in our school, underpinned by both the School-Wide Positive Behaviour in Schools framework and the Respectful Relationships curriculum.
At Eynesbiry Primary School, we work proactively to ensure a sense of wellbeing and connectedness through a range of initiatives, including but not limited to:
- Organisation of students in ‘Learning Communities’ in order to foster collaboration and interdependence
- A transition from early years to Prep program
- Cross year level activities including intra-school sports days, assemblies, student performances and end-of-year celebration days
- A buddy system connecting senior and junior years students to build confidence in movement across school grounds and further student connectedness
- A consultation process allowing students an opportunity for input into the school’s values and culture.
- Encouraging student voice through participation in student councils.
- Encouraging participation in extra-curricular activities